Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Home sweet home and huge jet leg!

Well, myself, the hubby, and the 2 hips made it home. So lovely to be home, so much space, secure garden, familiar toys and little play mates that we haven't seen for a while everywhere keen to play again.

Yes, its fab to be back, but one thing that is still lingering on is the 'jet lag'. Oh and how torturous it really is...hips go to bed at 7pm, great. Hips wake up at 10pm, great. Hips go to sleep at 2am...GREAT! And then they don't want to wake up in the morning. Joy oh joy. Me and hubby are stressed, and I think our jet lag is just building up into a big heap and will erupt soon! People have often asked...how do you travel with kids, how do they respond to jet lag etc etc. Well, I don't think I have the answer, however I do think you have to get the hips back into the swing of things as soon as possible. Wake them up in the morning, have a normal day, encourage a lunch time nap, and then bedtime as normal time. Remember to tell them that it is night time still and they need to sleep and yes, my hips don't understand that, but reiterate the point anyway. We have been home for 4 nights now, and each night the 'awake time' has been less and less, and hopefully should get back to normal soon, but I have been asking myself in the middle of the night ' was it all worth it'. Yes, well it was, but you just have to remember and be sympathetic that its really difficult for the hips to get back into normal day to day hip world. Perhaps a break in the trip is worth it, or perhaps its just as well to get it all out of the way in one go. Any other tips, why not leave a comment...cos I don't think its all over yet!

Once jet lag is out of the way, I shall be back to do a round up of my fab findings and provide some more hopefully useful tips for travelling with the 'hips'.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're all getting back to normal.. sounds so tough, but I bet it was worth it. Look forward to seeing you all soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....We love to hear your hip comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails