Monday, December 20, 2010

a hip house swap

Its been a chilly summer's day in Melbourne, but not nearly as freezing as much of Europe at present....airports all around the UK and Europe are closed due to too much snow! And, as its only a few days away from christmas, all this talk of snow makes me feel rather homesick. To me, christmas's are meant to be wintery affairs. The family would be tucked up inside, there would be turkey, roast potatoes and brussel sprouts.... Mmm..food galore. Then we'd head out for a crisp walk before all falling asleep in front of a roaring fire and the christmas day afternoon film. Ah, the memories...



All this talk of snow made me think of a lovely little chick flick I saw a few years ago, where Cameron Diaz did a house swap with Kate Winslet, and ended up being snowed in, in the most gorgeous little country cottage, and yes, she did find romance with Jude Law...but thats not what I was thinking about, of course. It was just the thought of the remote quirky little cottage, that led me to think about one day showing my little hip family the kind of christmas that I was accustomed to as a child.

Now, I've never really thought about it before, but doing a house swap, like the main characters in the film, sounds rather appealing and what a perfect way of enjoying a holiday home away from home. There are many benefits of home swapping; saving money, perhaps swapping cars, living like a local, a safe secure home rather than a hotel room, and perhaps more access to family amenities like highchairs, cots, car seats, swings and a few toys here and there. There a obviously a few companies around, but one that caught my eyes is family holiday home swap. If this sort of family holiday looks of interest to you, I recommend you check out their link above. I will be!

1 comment:

  1. I suggest you try http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com
    They only have holiday homes and there’s no charge to join. You get credits if you give up a week and you can use them against any place you want to go if that member agrees to the date you want. They charge £76 when you find your own holiday and they helped me find my holiday without charging any more for the service.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by....We love to hear your hip comments.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails